Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Red Flags: I Feel Bad, But Don't Know What's Wrong - Could it Be Autoimmune Disorders?

Yesterday in my introduction I listed my condensed "laundry" list of ailments and disorders I battle and deal with on a daily basis. The list includes autoimmune disorders.

So, today we're going to take look at autoimmune disorders. The one I first began to deal with is called Sjogren's Syndrome. I'll write more about Sjogren's over time, but today were looking at the autoimmune phenomenon in general.

It's hard for a lot of people to understand and frankly, when you're first diagnosed, it may be hard to wrap your own head around what "autoimmune" means.

I was sick for a very long time before I was diagnosed, but had I known then what I know now I might have received treatment earlier and avoided a lot of confusion and pain.

Basically know this: 
  • autoimmune disorders mean your body is attacking itself and killing parts of itself
  • there are red flags that will give you indications you could be dealing with an autoimmune disorder
  • you can't cure an autoimmune disorder, but you can try to manage it
  • they tend to cluster - or if you develop one, you'll probably develop others
  • and, they tend to cluster in families
Today I want to provide you with a link to an article called 6 Signs You Have An Autoimmune Disease.  This is one of the easiest to read, helpful articles on the subject I've read in a long time. It just lays the facts down for you in easy to understand language. 

If you or a family member or loved one deals with an autoimmune disorder, or is facing a new diagnosis with one, please, please read this article. It will begin to take the scary and mystery out of autoimmune.



© 2015 Beverly Hicks Burch All Rights Reserved.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment